Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Harper...

You see, there was once a lady named Harper. Her real name was Margaret Harper, but I called her Harper for short. When I was a little girl, Harper lived down the street from me in Port Neches. She lived in a pink house. I loved Harper very much. I stayed with her often. I was very sad when we moved away. However, we stayed in touch through the years the old fashioned way, letter writing. She kept up with me all through the years. The thing that makes me the most sad is that Stephen never got to meet my Harper. She was like a grandma to me. Sadly a few years ago Harper passed away. I didn't know about it until months later. It was then that I knew if I ever had a baby girl I would name her Harper. When we found out we were having a boy, I begged Stephen to let me name him Harper. He and my friends and family said no! It's a girl's name. So if we are ever blessed with a girl, you already know her name! :)

Fast forward to last night. I got a card from Leonard, her husband. He wrote the sweetest note to Mason. It brought me to tears. It means more to me than gold. I will always treasure it! 
Sorry it's upside down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment